For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘Act’), the data controller is The Association of Litigation Funders of England & Wales (‘ALF’, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’) whose registered office is: 8 Waterloo Place 4th Floor, Waterloo Place, London, England, SW1Y 4BE. Our nominated representative for the purposes of the Act is Susan Dunn, Director.
In operating our website we may collect the following data about you:
• Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data;
• Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
The information collected and stored by us and relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the
• To improve our services;
• To ensure the content of our website is organised in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
• For our internal records and/or other statistical and internal purposes;
• To provide you with specific information you have requested from us, relating to our services; and to meet our contractual commitments to you.
From time to time, we may send you email announcements, news updates or other information which we think you may find interesting and using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We use appropriate technologies to safeguard your data, and keep strict security standards in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure to it. We won’t share your information with any third parties unless, as part of a requested service, you give us your permission to do so.
You may choose to accept or decline cookies. This can be done by modifying your browser setting on your computer which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that if you choose to change your browser settings and to decline cookies, you may experience technical difficulties with some parts of our website.